Unhappy Dry flaky skin on face, HELP PLEASE!

Every morning my face is usually full of dry skin so i wash my face and put on E-45 cream, it only helps for about 10 minutes before the dry skin returns, sometimes it burns and my face turns red when i apply the cream, my scalp is also the same, i have a severe dandruff problem, i will scrape my scalp with a nit comb or a brush until the dandruff has gone but it will return hours later.

**Ashley Sawyer** Female

Most commonly we use lotion for dry skin. Have you tried using face mask before that has also a moisturizing benefit?

We can develop dry skin at any period of our lives, on any part of our body. However, dry, flaky, skin on the face can be the hardest to hide, and covering this up with makeup can only make the issue worse. So how can we combat dry patches on the face and achieve a healthy, radiant complexion?

Usually, the skin contains natural oils that help to keep moisture in and hydrate the face. However, some aspects of everyday life, even activities like showering, can remove these oils. Without natural oils, our skin can be left looking and feeling dry.

So, it’s important to learn how to moisturize your face properly to lock in moisture and protect your skin from drying out.

Here are few best tips on how to treat dry skin on the face

Harsh Ingredients Causing Dry, Flaky Skin on your Face?

Some facial soaps and cleansers can actually be too harsh for the sensitive skin on your face. If your skin feels tight and dry after you wash it, you could be using the wrong product for your skin. Stick to mild, fragrance-free cleansers and avoid harsh anti-bacterial soaps that could dry your skin out more.

Prevent Dry Patches by Drying Thoroughly

Although you might think that keeping your face damp will help increase moisture, once the water evaporates your skin will be dryer than before! So, always dry thoroughly and moisturize properly after cleansing. However, keep in mind that rough towels can act like exfoliators – they can damage the skin, causing further dryness and irritation. Always use a clean, soft cloth and remember to pat your face, not rub.

Take Shorter Showers to Lock in Natural Oils

There’s nothing quite like a long, hot shower, especially after a hectic day, but this may not be what’s best for your dry face. Long showers – especially when you use harsh cleansers – strip the face of its natural oils, and you could notice that your face looks and feels drier after bathing. Instead, take shorter showers in warm, rather than hot, water. Use a mild and moisturizing cleanser and remember to apply moisturizer after showering.

Choose the Right Moisturizers for Dry Skin on the Face

There are lots of different types of face creams and moisturizers out there, so how do you know which one to pick? For dry, flaky skin, petroleum-jelly-based moisturizers work well to lock in moisture and help relieve dryness. Although you may think otherwise, oily skin needs to be moisturized too, even an oily T-zone. If you do not moisturize, your skin will work overtime to produce more oils, in order to not dry out. Choose a non-comedogenic or lightweight moisturizer to leave your skin feeling hydrated and refreshed, not greasy.

Thanks,
    Nav

Banned
    **Hair transplant cost** Female

Here are the top 10 home remedies for dry skin.
    Olive Oil. Use Brown Sugar and Olive Oil Sugar Scrub on Dry Skin. ...
    Milk Cream. The lactic acid present in milk cream helps exfoliate dry skin. ...
    Milk. Milk has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that greatly help get rid of dry and itchy skin. ...
    Honey. ...
    Yogurt. ...
    Coconut Oil.

**MandyMay** Male

thank you very much for such advice, I recently had the same problem

Banned
    **Hair transplant cost** Female

Here are the top 10 home remedies for dry skin.
    Olive Oil. Use Brown Sugar and Olive Oil Sugar Scrub on Dry Skin. ...
    Milk Cream. The lactic acid present in milk cream helps exfoliate dry skin. ...
    Milk. Milk has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that greatly help get rid of dry and itchy skin. ...
    Honey. ...
    Yogurt. ...
    Coconut Oil.

**mariam mustafa** Female

first of all wash your face gently and dont use soap cause it dries it even more. tap the towel on your face and dont rub it, use cream and wait few minutes then apply again and put a liiittle of a vaseline layer so the moisturiser would stay in your body as much as possible. for the flakes, DONT force it to fall because then youll have uneven growth of flakes and it will get worse than what it is. let them fall naturally and grow naturally

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful