Default Itchy red spots all over my body.

Hi,

Sometime after Christmas, I remember under a sleeve on my right hand, there was one itchy spot, a small red spot. I kept scratching it over the course of the next 2 days every now and then when it bothered.
    It grew into this now:

Then, I started feeling itchyness all over my body. Especially my upper torso, around the stomach and it then progressed to my thighs and then to calves (although the lower body itchy spots aren't so overly visible)

These spots start as a small pinhole size red spot, it then begins itching. And that's when I try to stop myself from scratching it to no avail when I finally give in and scratch furiously. This pinhole red spot shows a tiny red dry blood skin (dunno what else it's called)

Currently, my upper right torso looks like this:

A spot on the underside of my right arm:

The spot magnified, and macro'd:

Is there any advice anyone can offer or let me know what this is?
    Just to let you know, I keep thinking right when this started.. I used an old blanket (that was stored in the closet somewhere in a corner) and slept on my couch. I also have been going to the gym and using the steam room and taking a shower there, using their towel provided by them (but I started the gym atleast in early November, this started sometime early Jan I think)

--
    More images

My left torso:
    http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9...8949ud5.th.jpg
    My left arm:
    http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3...8950vb9.th.jpg

Thanks a lot for looking in and about to start helping!

**Deepak Ghimire** Male

so have you had a visit to dermatologist ? are you taking any medications ? how old are you? when does it itch does it itch usually at night or through out the day? it is associated with burning,pain? do you have any associated diseases of endocrine diabetes or hepatic ?

It looks like viral origin to me..but it could also be contact dermatitis...if it itch too much you can apply some anti-allergy medications like cetirizine or benadryl every night and shoothing soothing medications like topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion be applied.

let us know further...

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak View Post
    so have you had a visit to dermatologist ? are you taking any medications ? how old are you? when does it itch does it itch usually at night or through out the day? it is associated with burning,pain? do you have any associated diseases of endocrine diabetes or hepatic ?

It looks like viral origin to me..but it could also be contact dermatitis...if it itch too much you can apply some anti-allergy medications like cetirizine or benadryl every night and shoothing soothing medications like topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion be applied.

let us know further...
    Hi,

Thanks for all the questions.
    I haven't visited the doctor. I'm not taking any meds. I'm 26. It itches usually throughout the day during regular intervals. No burning pain currently, no. No diseases, thankfully.

What kind of ointment can I get? I'm in Toronto, Canada.

you can apply calamine lotion.

Recently, I joined the site[ Site Under Review ] .I loved the homemade remedies mentioned in their forum which have reduce the visible rash and itchiness very effectively. It was simple and enjoyable to follow the directions mentioned. Have a look using "Youngskin" as an invite code.

Default Answered

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Hi,

Sometime after Christmas, I remember under a sleeve on my right hand, there was one itchy spot, a small red spot. I kept scratching it over the course of the next 2 days every now and then when it bothered.
    It grew into this now:

Then, I started feeling itchyness all over my body. Especially my upper torso, around the stomach and it then progressed to my thighs and then to calves (although the lower body itchy spots aren't so overly visible)

These spots start as a small pinhole size red spot, it then begins itching. And that's when I try to stop myself from scratching it to no avail when I finally give in and scratch furiously. This pinhole red spot shows a tiny red dry blood skin (dunno what else it's called)

Currently, my upper right torso looks like this:

A spot on the underside of my right arm:

The spot magnified, and macro'd:

Is there any advice anyone can offer or let me know what this is?
    Just to let you know, I keep thinking right when this started.. I used an old blanket (that was stored in the closet somewhere in a corner) and slept on my couch. I also have been going to the gym and using the steam room and taking a shower there, using their towel provided by them (but I started the gym atleast in early November, this started sometime early Jan I think)

--
    More images

My left torso:
    http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9...8949ud5.th.jpg
    My left arm:
    http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/3...8950vb9.th.jpg

Thanks a lot for looking in and about to start helping!

These are absolutely 100% scabies i just got rid of mine and the fact that you have five in a line is the best indication.

The best treatment is a Permethrin treatment. I used the one that i got from the military that was a 40% strength and they were gone in three days. I treated my bedding with it which is a good idea as it also kills dust mites and one treatment is good for the lifetime of your bedding. after treating the bedding i put the sheets back on my bed while they were still wet and let them dry on the bed to kill anything that was living in the bed. I now don't even have allergies like i used to every morning. I then went to bed in the wet sheets and went to the doctors two days later where he took a scraping sample and there were no more scabies. you can do a Google shopping search and find many different suppliers of permetherin. that is the best way to go. or also some supermarkets sell rid that has a similar although lower strength version that is called RID and can also be used.

About Scabies in Humans

The irritation just doesn't let up or stop. You find yourself itching and scratching and the feeling only becomes more intense. You cannot get to sleep; you cannot even think straight. You can even feel the mites burrowing under your skin, feeding and breeding.

The non stop itching can leave you scratching sores until they bleed. Desperate to make the itching stop? Want to rid yourself of those unsightly sores? Left untreated, those sores could easily progress into a serious secondary bacterial infection. It is important to identify and address the issue as soon as humanly possible.

Symptoms of the Scabies Rash

A very small, hard to see, zigzag blister usually marks the trail of the parasite as she lays her eggs. If the infection is left untreated, the amount of these trails may become so many that they begin to resemble a road map.

Symptoms of Scabies

Early Scabies rashes will show up as pimples or little red bumps like hives. They also show up as tiny bites

Scabies usually occurs in the body's warm humid folds and crevices and areas where garments or jewelry press against the skin, and also on the backs of the hands.

A red scabies rash, which can occur in the areas that have been scratched. Intense itching can occur especially at night.

Children experience itching primarily on the soles of their feet, scalp and palms of their hands. They may also experience irritability, sleeplessness and tiredness. In babies, the neck and head may be affected. The itching is due to an allergic reaction to the tiny black pepper mites, which are associated with a rash of red, raised spots. Skin may become crusty or scaly as the infection progresses.

• Advertisers

Adsense

Name:Google Adsense
      Mood: Cheerful